You must consent to us storing this data for you to be able to make bookings on this site. Regardless of whether or not you consent to your data being stored, we will store a cookie on your computer to tell us whether or not you have opted in. This helps us to ensure that we do not constantly ask you whether or not you want to opt in or out and it does not contain any Personally Identifiable Information (PII). If you change your mind you can visit the "App permissions" page at any time to opt in or out.
The information is stored for different time periods depending on the nature of your visit. So, if you are just looking around we will store approximate geographical location (country level) information. If you perform searches, then to make search forms more user friendly we will store the last things you searched on. This information is typically stored for a maximum of 24 hours and is only used to make your visit more pleasant.
When you make a booking with us, by necessity more information is stored.
The technicalites of the booking form are captured and retained for a maximum of 60 days. This is required so that On Request bookings can be turned into full bookings once a booking is approved, and for analysis by our teams in case there is an issue with a booking. If you were not logged in when you made a booking then we will email you a username and password so that you can view your booking history and exercise your Right To Be Forgotten (RTBF) if you wish to do that.
Data entered into the booking form, for example name, email address, real address is stored for a maximum of 365 days after the booking's departure date. This information is stored in encrypted form in our database so that only authorised people can view it. If you make a booking then by law we must store your PII whilst the booking is valid. Once the booking has completed, either because it has been cancelled or you have been checked out, then you will be able to exercise your RTBF by logging in and visiting the "Your data" page. Invoice information for completed bookings will still be securely stored in our database to ensure that we abide by relevant tax laws but you will be able to remove all other PII after the booking is completed.
When you consent to your information being stored as described above, we are legally obliged to store this consent in our database. This information will include your IP number and the content of the opt-in form. We will retain this consent notification indefinately (this is a legal requirement).
This impressive large stone house, and a 33sqm swimming pool has been built on solid rock by the owner, a stonemason, within the traditional village of Eleftherna. The lofty hillside position of the Villa provides outstanding panoramic views across the glorious mountainous landscapes, the scattered village houses and to the sea in the distance.
The house, which is built on three floors, is approx. 250sqm in size, and suitable for 9 people. The main entrance is reached by a flight of stone steps, leading up to the living/dining area with stone arch and open plan kitchen. From the kitchen one reaches a spacious stone balcony with glorious views. Throughout the villa there are wooden floors, beamed ceilings, and traditional furnishing. The seating area is equipped with a TV, and a sizeable stone fireplace for cooler evenings. On this level, beneath the wooden staircase, there is a WC. The staircase leads to a spacious double bedroom with small en-suite shower/WC. French doors lead to a large sun terrace with impressive views (not suitable for small children). Off the living/dining area a steep wooden staircase leads down to a further three bedrooms (two triple and one double). One of the triple bedrooms has a balcony with access to the pool via two short flights of stairs. The double bedroom has its own covered balcony with views of the surrounding area. Further to this there is a shower/WC and a bath/WC with washing machine. Central heating is available at an extra local charge. In the little gardens at the side there is a barbecue area with a Cretan stone oven.
There are two tavernas in the village, and there is a kafenion approx. 100 metres away. The nearest sandy beach, and further tavernas and shops can be found in Stavromenos, at a distance of approx. 12 km. This is a wonderfully historic area with archaeological sites, and a Roman water cistern nearby. For those who enjoy walking there is a superb 2-hour hike from Eleftherna to the famous Monastery of Arkadi.
Available from 5 pm on day of arrival and it is customary to vacate by 10 am on day of departure.
Terms and Conditions
1. CONTRACT: Your completed Booking Form, or written confirmation, should be received no later than 5 days after the booking has been confirmed by email. A contract will exist with the Principals of Rethymno Tours, when we have received your written confirmation and deposit, and we have issued a Confirmation Invoice.
2. PAYMENT: In order to confirm your booking, a deposit of 25% is required by cheque or credit card on the total cost of accommodation, car hire or transfers. The remaining balance must be received no less than 4 weeks prior to departure. Should full payment not be received by this date we reserve the right to cancel the booking and issue cancellation charges as shown below. When a booking is made within 4 weeks of departure, full payment should accompany the Booking Form.
3. ACCOMMODATION: Accommodation is only for the use of those people named at the time of booking and if you wish to add members to your party, you should advise in writing, with any payment due. Accommodation is available to you at the earliest between 1pm to 5pm on date of arrival and we would appreciate that you vacate by 10am on date of departure. The accommodation cost includes, electricity, linen, towels, and cleaning prior to arrival. Any damage or breakage should be notified and appropriate payment made to the local agent, prior to your departure. We reserve the right to change for breakage and damage not reported and discovered later. In the unlikely event that we are unable to provide the accommodation booked, we reserve the right to substitute an alternative of a similar standard.
4. CANCELLATION: We require to be advised in writing. Our charges, not including insurance payments, which are not refundable, are as follows: Notification Cancellation Charge More than 30 days 25% Less 30 till 20 days 60%
Less 20 till 10 days 80%
Less than 10 days 100%
5. CHANGES: Should you wish to make changes to your confirmed booking we will do our best to assist you. A charge of 10 Euro may be made to cover administrative costs.
6. LIABILITIES: Your booking is subject to the terms and conditions of companies or persons that supply services to the Principals of Smart Holidays. We have taken all reasonable care in selecting the accommodation and compiling the information, but as we arrange accommodation, car hire and transfers through third parties, changes do sometimes occur. If we consider your holiday may be affected we will endeavor to inform you prior to your departure. We shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising in connection with a holiday, caused by any matter outside our reasonable control. We do not accept any liability for the cancellation of your holiday as a result of force majored, war, threat of war, riots, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, natural disasters, acts of government, closure of airports or similar events beyond our reasonable control. We cannot be held liable for any failure in public utilities nor can we accept liability for any inconvenience discomfort or annoyance you may suffer, on building works being carried out on properties over which we have no control.
7. COMPLAINTS: Your holiday enjoyment is of prime important to us. In the event that you have cause for complaint whilst on holiday you must immediately report the matter to our nearest office on Crete, (details of which are given on your travel documents) so that our local office staff and suppliers have the opportunity to resolve the matter on the spot. Until we are aware of a problem or complaint we cannot begin to resolve it.
8. STANDARDS: Hotels are classified by the Greek authorities and we show the rating of these in our brochure. Although we suggest star rating, villas and private houses are not as yet classified, but we do endeavor to ensure that they and all of those you are familiar with, as will many other standards. The relaxed attitude of the Greek people may frustrate at times, but it is these same characteristics which can also charm and delight.
9. CONDITIONS: Any failure of one part of the contract does not mean the failure of the entire contract. When accepting your booking, it will be understood that you are agreeing to these Booking Conditions on behalf of all members of your party.
10. LEGAL PROCEDURES: Court Proceedings may only be brought against the Tour Operators, in the jurisdiction of the domicile of the Tour Operator and under the judiciary system of that same domicile.